View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
SBA800
Banned

Default My 2012 Polaris Switchback Assault
Well last november i slapped down my money for a 2012 polaris switchback assault. this is the 144" track with the new 800CC engine.
and of course this was one of the worst winters ever so i only got to put 40 miles on it. not even broken in yet.
Just thought id slap some pics up!

this is when i first got it from the dealer.

sittin at home.

fired it up for the second time in its life.
mmmm gotta love that 2 stroke smoke

first mod i knew i wanted was wider skis for deep snow. picked up some polaris Gripper skis, these things are amazing for a factory product. and naturally, i got red since blac is plain and boring!

compared to the old stock skis.
much wider

heard a rumor a buddies brother picked up the same sled as me, so right away i ordered a decal kit and got that installed.

also threw on some handguards

heres with the last few pieces of the wrap on, as well as a new powder coated bumper

then i threw on a gas can rack

thats pretty much all i did this year, when it finally snowed in march, i got to ride it, and test its limits. i thought no way in hell id get through this stuff as it was blown in, hard packed underneath the few inches of powder, and i was right. but i did make it farther than i though. now i know the limits! (ps. did this on purpose, i was literally right across from my house haha0

she dug right down to the ground. bought 4' from the bottom of the skis to the ground. shoveled the front down a bit, and she pulled right now.
really amazing machine, so glad i decided to go with the new polaris's. these new engines are truely fantastic.

cant wait till i get some real miles on it.

Last edited by SBA800; 10-17-2012 at 02:50 PM.
SBA800 is offline   Reply With Quote