Thread: Hunting ATVS?
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 03:43 PM   #9

crazy4offroad

Had a great day yesterday, stopped counting the number of deer I saw at 10. Got 2 shots with the bow but the wind was unbearable. Any field hunting you would have had to get them within 20 yards to be sure to get it. A friend of the family got 2 does in this year's special split season doe hunt that allows 2 doe to be taken without having to check the first one before getting the second. I got to use my winch to hoist one up to let as much of the blood drain as possible. Didn't take any pics of that for obvious reasons, didn't want to violate Shag's rules. But that was very handy to have. Also used it to pull a log out of the trail making a new access. I'm about 200 yards from connecting 2 ends of one trail. the last segment has a few snake-like bends to the creek in a deep ravine so driving in the creek would be mandatory. One thing that makes this a hazard is a waterfall about 4 feet high but in that section there is a flat to one side but has the worst brier thicket I've ever seen, maybe as much as 8 feet high so if a trail is cut through it, it may resemble a tunnel.

Also used the 4wheeler to set 2 tree stands and check the trail cams. Pisses me off a cheapie cam is getting all these great deer and coyote pics but a new, more expensive unit only catches birds and squirrels. Anyway here's a few pics, 3 from my trail cam and one that's a closeup of my new avatar (still working on a good avatar)...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WGI_3356.jpg (97.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg WGI_3378.jpg (91.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg WGI_3381.jpg (97.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20131026_085047.jpg (100.2 KB, 6 views)
crazy4offroad is offline   Reply With Quote