Go Back   Off Highway Vehicle Forum - ATVs | Dirt Bikes | Snowmobiles | Watercrafts > All Off Highway Vehicle Forum > Introduction
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Introduction New to AllOHV? Stop in and introduce yourself here!

Old 06-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #46

NickPic83
Full Access Member

i think i am doing a full SW exhaust setup on the raptor. LT headers to the lightning exit exhaust. trying to decide if i want to do the black out thermal coating or not. not sure how much u know about this but lets see what u think.

when i go for inspection i will need to return to stock to pass. so now the front o2's need to heat up in a certian amount of time. if they dont reach the right temp fast enough it could throw a code. now this hasnt happened to a few guys i spoke to with uncoated headers. if i coat them will this possibly not let the sensor heat up as fast or as much. i dont know if the sensor gets the heat from the metal pipes themselves or staight for the air or both. the coating could help or hurt the issue with the o2's but i am not sure which way....

from SW FAQ
"The front o2 sensors are meant to reach a certain temperature reading in a certain amount of time. If it doesn't reach that temperature, then it will throw a code. The o2 sensor bung is located in the collector of the long tube header. This usually means the location is pushed farther away than where the o2 bung is from the factory. From the extra flow of the long tube, and the new location of the o2 bung, it does not heat up as fast or as much as factory manifolds/lead pipes. This code will definitely require a custom tune to help change the reading from the computer."
next on the list will be the rear suspension

then a front bumper probably

in RZR news my buddy is buying house down the street from me and its on about 3 acres. he is building a big offroad track there. so ill be over there with my case 480 helping and making it atleast big enough for the rzr and maybe a jump or to for the truck lol.

2011 RZR S-LE Orange Madness-3500lb winch, UTV inc doors, XP flares, roof, 55w HID's,dual exhaust, fuel controller, intake, grumpy rider mod, 2" lift, dual rate springs, DFR harnesses, EMP half windshield ,LED reverse/work light, interior lights, LED fogs
NickPic83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #47
SBA800
Banned

i doubt the coating will hurt the sensor at all. i honestly dont think cermaic coatings to much to reduce heat, more of a coating that will last with the kind of heat produced. where normal paint would burn off, ceramic coating will last, and still look good.

as for the track, that is friggin awesome.

my brother has 10 acres, and maybe 1/3 to 1/2 is field, hes renting it out to a farmer this year, but i wanna convince him to make a track
SBA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #48

NickPic83
Full Access Member

yeah i am really pumped on starting this track. it looks like some projects on my house will have to wait lol

2011 RZR S-LE Orange Madness-3500lb winch, UTV inc doors, XP flares, roof, 55w HID's,dual exhaust, fuel controller, intake, grumpy rider mod, 2" lift, dual rate springs, DFR harnesses, EMP half windshield ,LED reverse/work light, interior lights, LED fogs
Old 06-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #49
SBA800
Banned

track is more important haha.

theres one they just built about 5 minutes from where I work. gonna go check it out one of these days. My buddy went and said it was pretty good.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:52 PM   #50

nosbusa
Full Access Member

a big long winded post about the truck, and just a tiny portion at the end regarding anything about the rzr, as stated in the thread topic.......
nosbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:40 PM   #51

NickPic83
Full Access Member

derailed in FRF fashion....

RZR will be getting the limit straps on hopefully this weekend.
next on the RZR mod list eventually will be

1/2" belly skids
a arm skids
stereo
rear cage extension with spare holder

Old 06-28-2013, 08:04 PM   #52

NickPic83
Full Access Member

got my hardware today for the limit straps. going to try to install them tomorrow on the RZR

Old 06-29-2013, 09:52 PM   #53

nosbusa
Full Access Member

you could have layered duct tape and it could have saved you some money
nosbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:50 AM   #54

NickPic83
Full Access Member

sure if i want to have to get towed out of the trail....

well spacers are a tad too big. going to take them to work and use the band saw to shave a little off on monday

Old 07-02-2013, 12:44 AM   #55
SBA800
Banned

im gona put wheel spacers on my quad. just small ones, to make it a bit more stable on cornering. thats the only downside to IRS
Old 07-02-2013, 06:39 AM   #56

NickPic83
Full Access Member

thats a good idea. it should help a little

Old 07-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #57
SBA800
Banned

Yep. From reading on the outlaw forums they really help a lot. So ill get those ordered soon.

Gotta install my inner cv boot later today if I can find a service manual online.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:31 PM   #58

Maxx2893
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by SBA800 View Post
im gona put wheel spacers on my quad. just small ones, to make it a bit more stable on cornering. thats the only downside to IRS
I know what you mean. I want a solid rear axle on a quad. I love sliding the back end around. I just have a utility quad (99 Polaris Magnum 325) and slide it every chance I get. It's just so predictable. IRS quads on the other hand, I don't like sliding. More unstable and less predictable. I never knows when it's gonna grab and go.
Maxx2893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:37 PM   #59
SBA800
Banned

My outlaw for how skinny it is, and the fact it's irs is actually quite stable and very predictable thanks to the swaybar, but that's also due to the fact it's got bald tires lol. Easy to slide em.

I wouldn't trade the smooth ride for a solid axle though. Once I get it wider it should be perfect. Smoothness of IRS, yet stability to take the corners sideways.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #60

Maxx2893
Super Moderator

Yeah, your also running a sport quad, lol. I have a feeling they are a lot more maneuverable and easier to slide. That's probably the direction I'd go too on a sport. Utility quads can flip so easily when you try to get sketchy on em though. The solid axle just makes it better for me. JMO though.

Side note, my best friends dad hurt himself real bad on a Outlaw. He had just got it and hadn't ridden it a ton. He put some hand guards on it. When he was backing it off a trailer one day, the hand guards caught the throttle and stuck it. It sent him down a ravine and paralyzed him waist down. Be careful with your Outlaw 6.2. And stay away from some handguards.
Maxx2893 is offline   Reply With Quote