Go Back   Off Highway Vehicle Forum - ATVs | Dirt Bikes | Snowmobiles | Watercrafts > Supporting Vendors > Synthetic Motorsports
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Synthetic Motorsports

Old 10-20-2012, 09:55 AM   #1

clkelley
Full Access Member

Thumbs up Amsoil mphd heavy duty metal protector (amh)

AMSOIL MPHD Heavy Duty Metal Protector Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)

AMSOIL Heavy Duty Metal Protector (MPHD) are easy-to-use spray-on synthetic products that protect metal surfaces, displace water and silence squeaks. MP cuts through rust and corrosion to restore free movement of ?frozen? hardware parts. MPHD lubricates metal surfaces, leaving a dry waxlike film. Neither forms gum or sludge.

AMSOIL MP is the product of choice for drying electrical and ignition systems and protecting electrical equipment from freshwater and saltwater damage. AMSOIL MP is also the product of choice for protecting firearms and other fine componentry. It contains no silicone. AMSOIL MP is compatible with plastic, leather, fabric, fishing line and paint.

AMSOIL MPHD is the product of choice for metal surfaces that require a heavy duty lubricant or are exposed to the damaging effects of salt, moisture or chemical corrosion. It is ideal for hinges, wire ropes and springs, nuts and bolts, motorcycle or bicycle chains, and for undercoating wheelwells and other metal surfaces exposed to water, dirt or road salt.

Performance Features
  • Protects against rust & corrosion, even in salt water
  • Displaces water
  • Stops squeaks
  • Lubricates metal surfaces
  • Leaves a dry, long-lasting, waxlike film
  • Lubricant does not attract dust
  • Does not sling off
  • Sprays into hard-to-reach places
  • Ideal for chains & other heavy-use items
  • RECOMMENDATIONS
  • Spray product on area to be treated. For best results, do not wipe off. Film carrier will evaporate, leaving MPHD on treated surface

Last edited by clkelley; 02-10-2014 at 08:02 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:02 AM   #2

clkelley
Full Access Member

Thumbs up
There are some very good comparison testing going on out on the net. The links below offer some great information for those wondering about how Amsoil MPHD stands up to the other metal protectors out there.

That being said, the second link below, the winner was not tested against Amsoil so I just ordered one can each of the Amsoil MPHD and ACF-50 for my own testing (will post more later when the products get here.)

The first thing I noticed was the pricing. Without shipping the Amsoil is $8.20 per can retail while the ACF-50 is $12.19 per can. If purchasing a case of 12 the cost retail is $146.28 shipped and he Retail cost of the Amsoil is $115.45 shipped and I can save you more than that with wholesale pricing. For that kind of price difference, I would expect the ACF-50 to last a LOT longer than the Amsoil, but we will see.

Clear Undercoat Recommendations

Corrosion Protection Comparison Testing (Does not include Amsoil)
Old 10-21-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
SBA800
Banned

looking forward to your results.
this stuff would be very useful on my truck.
they use tons of salt on the roads up here in winter.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #4

clkelley
Full Access Member

Useful on that snowtoy too. These tests may take a little while. I am going to compare a few different things. I want to compare shipping time, nothing is more aggravating to me than having to wait forever for a part or product to be delivered.

Then I want to make sure there is also other testing happening at the same time to show things in an unbiased light so I sent a can of the ACF-50 to Mike Hammer because he already has the Amsoil MPHD and just ordered "LPS3" to also compare to. He is going to test for results in Florida while I test here in the mountains of Virginia.

I then want to test for three initial variables. Overall rust prevention, how they "look" when used on chrome and how they do on nuts and bolts after they have already rusted and need to be broken loose.

As for use on chrome, it is well documented that the "carrier" in the spray in the Amsoil MPHD goes on with a yellow tint. But that it clears after hardening. I want to test that by allowing each sample of chrome to cure inside in temp controlled environment taking before and after pics to show the difference between the three ( I just ordered the LPS3 )
Old 10-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #5
SBA800
Banned

yeah this stuff would probably be good to spray up inside the tunnel and what not.
hmm, now ya got me thinking haha