Go Back   Off Highway Vehicle Forum - ATVs | Dirt Bikes | Snowmobiles | Watercrafts > UTV Side x Side > Arctic Cat
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Arctic Cat Arctic Cat side x side forum.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
SBA800
Banned

Default Wildcat 1000
guy on a local (to me) forum has gotten to ride in the new wildcat 1000 and i thought id just share his experience for anyone who may be interested.

they do look like fun machines, i just cant get over how large it is! would be terrible for trails id think.

anyways, heres what he had to say.

well I did 270 miles over the weekend on the WildCat. WOW is what I must say. The faster you go the smoother it is. I don't know many machine that can keep with that unit in the trails at 60mph. I am sure the rzr S could give it a run. But with the walker evans shocks with inches of travel, baja style setup no bump stops it. Hitting 2-3 foot deep woop sections by suicide hill outside marchand at 40mph was nothing for it. Went to Ross pits and did the track that is setup there and just kept going faster and faster. I had full control at all times and I never bottomed out the shocks once.
Only problem I had was launching it over a jump. I am not sure if I even got air, I think it just sucked up the jump instead. Maybe I need to go faster.
Top speed was 73mph, cuts out. Not great on fuel, but what 1000 v-twin will be when being driven the way I was.
If you get a chance to take one out, do it. Bring it to the roughest area and enjoy
sounds like a nice machine!
SBA800 is offline   Reply With Quote