Go Back   Off Highway Vehicle Forum - ATVs | Dirt Bikes | Snowmobiles | Watercrafts > Member's Area > The Champagne Room
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

The Champagne Room The off-topic section.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #1

Maxx2893
Super Moderator

Question Booze Cruise?
Here's a topic I always find interesting...

How do you feel about booze cruises?
Do you occasionally go on one, never drink and ride, or find yourself drinking most of the time you ride?

How drunk?
Completely sober, only a buzz, feeling good, or hammered drunk?

How fast?
Slow speed, moderate, fast, or full speed?

Always interested in this because most everybody agrees drinking and driving a highway vehicle is wrong. But many don't feel the same about OHV's. It seems like drinking beer and riding quads or boating just go hand in hand.

I will occasionally have a few drinks then go for a booze cruise. I only do it at a light buzz level and definitely don't go fast. It's fun to have a group of buddies going on a slow speed parade around as long as nobody is too drunk or getting out of control. We always have more people than vehicles so the ones that are too drunk or out of control can simply ride and still enjoy the time.

This isn't a lecture thread. If you don't agree with drinking and riding you are free to state your opinion, but don't attack other member's if they don't have a problem drinking and riding.
Maxx2893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #2
SBA800
Banned

never operate a motor vehicle after drinking personally.

some of my buddies ride after a beer or two. will go for a day ride, stop for lunch and have a beer, then continue on. never drunk, or buzzed.

then theres the ones who get smashed and go riding lol. usually hear about those ones in the news unfortunately.
SBA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:22 AM   #3

Maxx2893
Super Moderator

Yeah I agree with you there. When we do drink and cruise, we always make sure it's at a pretty leisurely pace, and nobody driving is anywhere passed buzzed.

2011 RZR XP. HCR Long Travel, King 2.5" shocks all around, Custom Cage, 30" GBC Kanati Mongrels, Walker Evans, Fuel Safe fuel cell, Parker air pumper, intercom, Beard TZ seats, Mastercraft 5 points, Lowrance Elite 5m GPS
Old 08-29-2013, 06:38 AM   #4

NickPic83
Full Access Member

i never ride drunk. ill have a couple but thats about it. where i mainly ride there is 2 big ponds. so i usually ride out to one of them and have a beer or 2 and thats it. then i ride.

i must admit when i had my boat in my younger days i drank alot and drove the boat but i wasnt neber drunk but i was buzzed. now i wouldnt do it.

2011 RZR S-LE Orange Madness-3500lb winch, UTV inc doors, XP flares, roof, 55w HID's,dual exhaust, fuel controller, intake, grumpy rider mod, 2" lift, dual rate springs, DFR harnesses, EMP half windshield ,LED reverse/work light, interior lights, LED fogs
NickPic83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:57 AM   #5

nosbusa
Full Access Member

swss from the weapons forum came by my shop yesterday and we had a couple drinks. after 2 beers i was buzzed. i waited an hour until i felt it was ok for me to ride home
nosbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #6

Maxx2893
Super Moderator

Sorry nds like you made a good choice bud, how was SWSS? He seems like a good guy

2011 RZR XP. HCR Long Travel, King 2.5" shocks all around, Custom Cage, 30" GBC Kanati Mongrels, Walker Evans, Fuel Safe fuel cell, Parker air pumper, intercom, Beard TZ seats, Mastercraft 5 points, Lowrance Elite 5m GPS
Old 08-31-2013, 03:11 AM   #7

nosbusa
Full Access Member

great guy. he hung out for about 6 hours at the shop. just shootin the shit.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:33 AM   #8

Maxx2893
Super Moderator

Wait, you had 2 beers in 6 hours, and still needed to wait an hour?

Old 08-31-2013, 11:58 PM   #9

nosbusa
Full Access Member

no, i had 2 beers in a half an hour. he was there 4 1/2 hours earlier.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:30 AM   #10

Maxx2893
Super Moderator

Ok, gotcha, haha